The newly created United Way of Washington County (UWWC) Nonprofit Innovation Award will be awarded to a nonprofit organization in recognition of one of its activities, programs, projects or service that is innovative and addresses a specific need in our community resulting in making a real difference in the lives of the people it serves. The Nonprofit Innovation Award will be presented along with other Community Awards at the annual Campaign Celebration presented by AccuTrex Products, Inc. at the Hollywood Casinobon Thursday, May 30, 2024.
Activity, Program, Project or Service Award Selection Criteria
- Exemplifies innovation by demonstrating a new, current activity, program, project or service to address a specific need to benefit our community members in Washington County within the UWWC 38-zip code service area (list of 38-zip codes here);
- An innovative “thinking outside of the box” activity, program, project, or service launched within the past two years;
- One that has an element of uniqueness;
- One that has taken an older activity, program, project or service and has reinvented itself to serve community members today addresses a new need;
- One that furthers the mission of the nonprofit;
- One that can demonstrate specific outcomes that have been attained to date;
- One that has made a difference in the lives of the people it serves.
Nomination Requirements and Process:
- A current activity, program, project, or service of a nonprofit can be nominated by a board member of the nonprofit or a community individual or organization who is familiar with the activity, program, project, or service.
- Nominations will be accepted beginning Friday, March 1, 2023 and ending on Friday, March 15, 2024 by 4:00 pm via the form below
- Nominations will be reviewed, and the final selection made, by the United Way of Washington County Award Selection Committee. The winner will be notified by April 1, 2024.
- The award will be presented at the United Way of Washington County’s Campaign Celebration presented by AccuTrex Products, Inc. at the Hollywood Casino on Thursday, May 30, 2024.
- Questions regarding nominations can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.