One Position – available in the Spring and in the Summer Semester of 2019-20 Academic Year
United Way of Washington County’s Administrative Office
590 Washington Road, Suite 200, Washington, PA 15301
The United Way of Washington County seeks a Marketing & Communications Intern with a desire to learn how effective communication advances a nonprofit’s mission and increases donor and volunteer engagement. Part of the United Way Worldwide, our brand is one of the world’s most valuable brands and was recently named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies List.
The United Way of Washington County plays an important role in building our community. Our mission is to unite people, resources and organizations to improve lives in Washington County. Our nonprofit organization advocates priority issues to help make the greatest difference. We focus on bringing partners together to allow individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, financial stability and healthy lives.
The Marketing & Communications Intern with help to execute the integrated marketing strategy. The intern will leave with a portfolio of projects he/she worked on and can share with future employers. This flexible, unpaid internship will focus on creating a variety of communications materials, assist in fundraising/ volunteering activities and play a role in workplace giving campaigns.
• A student at the college junior or senior level who is working towards a degree in marketing or communication.
• A student who is knowledgeable using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Word. Knowledge of Adobe Pro a plus would be helpful.
• A student who is comfortable with taking photos at events.
• A student who possesses the ability to speak clearly and write with clarity.
• A student who is dependable works well with others and acts in a professional manner.
• A student who is well organized.
• A student who is enthusiastic to advance the mission of the United Way of Washington County.
• A flexible Monday through Friday schedule
• Gain valuable professional experience
• Though the internship is unpaid, there is opportunity to earn college credit.
• A welcoming and comfortable workplace environment
• Free parking onsite
If you are interested in applying for the internship, please submit a cover letter and a resume to: P. Ann Hrabik, MBA, CFRE, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.