The United Way of Washington County invites students, who attend any of the high schools in our service area (Avella Senior High School, Bentworth High School, Burgettstown Area High School, Canon McMillan Senior High School, Chartiers-Houston High School, Fort Cherry High School, McGuffey High School, Peters Township High School, Trinity High School, and Washington High School), to participate in the Student Ambassadors Program. The purpose of the Student Ambassadors Program is to offer opportunity for high school students to express their ability of leadership, passion, and service by creating projects that will impact their community.
The high school junior or senior is asked to produce a project that demonstrates real community impact that exemplifies the United Way of Washington County’s mission statement, to unite people, resources, and organizations to improve lives in Washington County. The project must be tied back to the United Way of Washington County’s vision of a community where everyone achieves their human potential through education, financial stability, and healthy lives. We are encouraging the students to be creative with their ideas for projects that demonstrate community impact while raising awareness and/or funds for the United Way of Washington County!
By participating in the Student Ambassadors Program, not only would they be helping our community but will also become eligible to be nominated for the annual M. Kathleen Ramsey Student Volunteer of the Year Award. This award, which includes a $500 scholarship donated by an anonymous donor, will be presented at the Annual Campaign Celebration on June 9, 2022. Students with the most unique and impactful projects will be considered with one student selected for this award.
- By Friday, December 10, 2021, interested high school juniors and seniors are required to turn in their submission applications online via the United Way of Washington County website. Applications should identify their project ideas and goals.
- By Friday, January 21, 2022, participating students must provide a milestone update (a summary of the progress of your project).
- By Friday, March 18, 2022, all projects should be completed and summaries of all projects much be submitted.
- By Friday, April 1, 2022, the lead Student Ambassadors will be notified that they have been selected as the 2022 M. Kathleen Ramsey Student Volunteer of the Year Award.
- On Tuesday, April 19, 2022, the Student Ambassadors Awardee will be asked to present a recap of their project to the United Way of Washington County Board of Directors via an in-person presentation or by video.
- On Thursday, June 9, 2022, the M. Kathleen Ramsey Student Volunteer Award will be presented to the selected Student Ambassadors Awardee at the Annual Campaign Celebration to be held at Bella Sera in Canonsburg.
*Any additional questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org