The United Way of Washington County invites students, who attend any of the high schools in our service area (Avella Senior High School, Bentworth High School, Burgettstown Area High School, Canon McMillan Senior High School, Chartiers-Houston High School, Fort Cherry High School, McGuffey High School, Peters Township High School, Trinity High School, and Washington High School), to participate in the newly created, Student Ambassadors Program. The purpose of the Student Ambassadors Program is to offer opportunity for high school students to express their ability of leadership, passion, and service by creating projects that will impact their community.
A high school senior is asked to produce a project that demonstrates real community impact that exemplifies the United Way of Washington County’s mission statement, to unite people, resources, and organizations to improve lives in Washington County. The project must be tied back to the United Way of Washington County’s vision of a community where everyone achieves their human potential through education, financial stability, and healthy lives. We are encouraging each student to be creative with their ideas for projects that demonstrate community impact while raising awareness and/or funds for the United Way of Washington County!
By participating in the Student Ambassadors Program, not only would you be helping your community, but you will also become eligible to be nominated for the annual Student Volunteer Award. The Student Volunteer Award, which includes a scholarship of $500 to the awardee, will be presented at the Annual Campaign Celebration Luncheon on June 17, 2021. Students with the most unique and impactful projects will be considered with one student selected for this award.
• By Wednesday, November 25, 2020, interested students are required to turn in their submission applications which should identify their project idea and goals.
• By Friday, January 15, 2021, participating students must provide a milestone update (a summary of the progress of your project).
• By Friday, March 12, 2021, all projects should be completed.
• By Friday, March 19, 2021, all recaps of projects must be submitted.
• On Tuesday, March 23, 2021, students who submitted recaps of their projects will have the additional option to present the outcomes of their projects via an in-person presentation or by video.
• By Thursday, April 1, 2021, the selection of the leading Student Ambassador will be notified.
• On Thursday, June 17, 2021, the Student Volunteer Award will be presented to the selected leading Student Ambassador at the Annual Campaign Celebration Luncheon.
*Any additional questions, please email: email@example.com