Positions Available: Two positions available in the Spring/Summer and Fall Semesters during 2024
Location: United Way of Washington County’s Administrative Office
70 East Beau Street, Suite 400, Washington, PA 15301
The United Way of Washington County seeks a Marketing & Communications Intern with a desire to learn how effective communication advances a nonprofit’s mission and increases donor and volunteer engagement. Part of the United Way Worldwide network, our brand is one of the world’s most valuable brands and was recently named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies List.
The United Way of Washington County plays an important role in building our community. Our mission is to unite people, resources, and organizations to improve lives in Washington County. Our nonprofit organization advocates priority issues to help make the greatest difference. We focus on bringing partners together to allow individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
The Marketing & Communications Intern will help to execute the integrated marketing strategy. There is an opportunity to create a portfolio of projects they worked on and can share with future employers. This flexible, unpaid internship will focus on creating a variety of communications materials, assist in fundraising/volunteering activities & play a role in workplace giving campaigns.
- Create marketing and communications materials including but not limited to fliers, press releases, social media posts, website posts, etc.
- Assist with planning details of special events including but not limited to LIVE UNITED Day of Service, Dine n’ Donate for our Community, Power of the Purse, Campaign Celebration, and Campaign Kickoff Golf Outing events.
- Assist in tasks associated with the FY2024-26 Community Impact Funding Process.
- Assist in raising awareness of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, a resource of the United Way
- Assist in sharing how and why we fund 20 partner nonprofits through our Community Impact Fund
- Prepare communications materials for the Workplace Giving Campaign
- Assist with other tasks to raise awareness of our efforts in the community
- A college student who is working towards a degree in marketing or communication.
- A student who is well organized.
- A student who is knowledgeable using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, WORD, and Publisher.
- A student who is comfortable with interacting with the public. A student who possesses the ability to speak clearly and write with clarity.
- A student who is dependable and works well with others and acts in a professional manner.
- A student who is enthusiastic to advance the mission of the United Way of Washington County.
- A flexible Monday through Friday schedule; free onsite parking. A welcoming and comfortable workplace environment
- Though the internship is unpaid, there is opportunity to earn college credit.
- The Intern will be part of a great team and will gain valuable professional experience.
If you are interested in applying for the internship, please submit a letter of introduction and a resume to: P. Ann Hrabik, MBA, CFRE, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.