One Position available in the Summer, 2020-2021 Academic Year
One Position available in the Fall & Spring 2021-22 Academic Year
United Way of Washington County’s Administrative Office
590 Washington Road, Suite 200, Washington, PA 15301
The United Way of Washington County seeks a Marketing & Communications Intern with a desire to learn how effective
communication advances a nonprofit’s mission and increases donor and volunteer engagement. Part of the United Way
Worldwide, our brand is one of the world’s most valuable brands and was recently named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative
The United Way of Washington County plays an important role in building our community. Our mission is to unite people,
resources, and organizations to improve lives in Washington County. Our nonprofit organization advocates priority issues to
help make the greatest difference. We focus on bringing partners together to allow individuals and families achieve their
human potential through education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
The Marketing & Communications Intern with help to execute the integrated marketing strategy. There is an opportunity to
create a portfolio of projects they worked on and can share with future employers. This flexible, unpaid internship will focus on
creating a variety of communications materials, assist in fundraising/volunteering activities & play a role in workplace giving
- Create marketing and communications materials including but not limited to fliers, press releases, social media posts, website posts, etc.
- Assist with planning details of special events including but not limited to Campaign Celebration, Campaign Kickoff Golf
- Outing and LIVE UNITED Day of Service events
- Assist in raising awareness of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, a resource of the United Way
- Assist in sharing how and why we fund partner nonprofits through our Community Impact Fund
- Prepare communications materials for the upcoming Workplace Giving Campaign
- Assist with other tasks to raise awareness of our efforts in the community
- A student at the college junior or senior level who is working towards a degree in marketing or communication, would consider a college sophomore. A student who is well organized.
- A student who is knowledgeable using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, WORD and Publisher.
- A student who is comfortable with interacting with the public. A student who possesses the ability to speak clearly and write with clarity.
- A student who is dependable and works well with others and acts in a professional manner.
- A student who is enthusiastic to advance the mission of the United Way of Washington County.
- A flexible Monday through Friday schedule; free onsite parking. A welcoming and comfortable workplace environment.
- Gain valuable professional experience.
- Though the internship is unpaid, there is opportunity to earn college credit. Opportunity exists for the summer internship to be paid through Southwest Training Services, Inc.
If you are interested in applying for the internship, please submit a letter of introduction and a resume to: P. Ann Hrabik, MBA,
CFRE, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.